Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Trader Joe's Breaded Cod - Easy Dinner

When I want something quick, easy and healthy for dinner I will often go to my freezer and get out some Trader Joe's frozen breaded cod fillets, which I always have in my freezer.  They only take 20 minutes to bake in the oven and while they are baking I make a quick homemade (no mayo) tarter sauce and some sautéed spinach and tomato. It's so easy and super delicious!

This meal is jam packed with protein and vitamins - I love it and I always feel great after eating it.

Home made tarter sauce:
- 2 heaping tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of capers
- 1 teaspoon Siracha sauce
- chopped chives
- a squeeze of lemon
- 1 teaspoon horseradish 

Just mix it all together - add a little salt and some garlic powder - yummy!

Then after I make the sauce I just heat a sauté pan with some olive oil, add some largely chopped tomato and let cool for  3 or 4 minutes.  Then I add some fresh spinach leaves, add a dash of salt and sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes.  

Next I plate the spinach and tomatoes.  Then I take the cod out of the oven and onto my plate, spoon some tarter sauce over the top, and Voila, a delicious and healthy dinner or lunch.


This is my go to meal when I want some serious vitamin power!

No comments:

Post a Comment